Presenting, at long last, SPARKLY!
This started out as a pattern from a local yarn store. I changed the yarn, the gauge, the lace pattern, the length (2 inches longer), and the neckline (2 inches higher, since I prefer my nip---s covered). I added a lace border to the bottom of the back to fix a pesky row gauge problem. I changed the sleeve cap to make it rounder. And I added lacing all the way up the front (the original had only a single hook closure), to allow for the possibility of wearing it in public. A slim possibility, admittedly.
Pattern: Summer Lace Cardigan, from Common Threads (sort of)
Yarn: Berroco Cotton Twist in Fern. I would not use this yarn again. It is inelastic and splits like crazy. The rayon plies snag on everything. It's a shame, because the colors and shine are gorgeous.
Size: 35" finished chest. With the laces tightened, it just barely closes, and I have to squeeze my skinny arms into the sleeves. This very fitted pattern would work better with a more elastic yarn.
But it's done!