Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Legobamaland

Last week we took the kids to Legoland. We had free tickets and it's only about half an hour from our house, so even though we just went a couple of months ago, we thought, why not? We wandered, as we always do, through Miniland, where you can see some of the great cities of the world rendered in Legos, in remarkably accurate detail.

It was all very familiar, until we reached Washington, D.C., where there was definitely something different in the air. Can you tell what it is?

How about now?

Whatever side of the political aisle you side with, you have to admit this is some impressive Lego building!

Check out the realistic details:

I wonder if those limos are bulletproof?

And of course, what would an inauguration be without police?

But really, I was dying to look inside one of those portapotties (notice the realistic line) to see just how detailed the builders were!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Legoland for keeping up with the news! That's pretty much how the podium looked from my faraway binoculars--I was craning my neck from the balcony of the Federal Trade Commission, about six blocks away.
Now THAT was a day when you needed handknits!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just.... Wow!!

Tammy said...

That's just incredible! I've only been to Legoland once many years ago, but I just adored all those little cities. I wish I'd known building lego cities for a living was an option when I was growing up!

Anonymous said...

Awesome - I showed your pictures to my lego loving husband!

Anonymous said...

Haha! That would have made you a lego voyeur!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So impressive!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Wow that is amazing.

ktb38 said...

That's so neat!

Montreal Mama said...

That is freakin' insane. I have to share these photos with my brother, who at 25 is still lego obsessed. I one day want to check that place out!

Fibra Artysta said...

That is most impressive! The port-o-potties made me giggle. :)

Life's a Stitch said...

Amazing!