Sunday, March 22, 2009

FO: Mossy

I love to knit. Obviously. I love to blog. Equally obvious, I'm sure. I don't love to model my finished knits. Periodically, I discover that I have an unreasonable number of finished-but-unblogged knits just waiting their chance to be noticed. So this week I am celebrating my recent projects with an FO Parade.

First up is Mossy:

This was a very quick knit; so quick, in fact, that it was done almost before I got to blog about it. The design is my own, but that gorgeous cable is Norah Gaughan's, from Cire Perdue.

The details:

Pattern: My own. Top-down turtleneck raglan with front and back darts for shaping. 2x2 ribbing for collar, cuffs, and bottom.

Size: 36"

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Luxury Donegal Tweed (85% wool, 15% angora). 8.5 balls! (I ordered 12.)

Needles: Size 6 and 7 Knit Picks Options circs.

Thoughts: I love this one! The yarn is wonderful, both soft and tweedy, and the color is a rich yellow-green (deeper than the pictures show). After washing, it became much drapier and grew just enough to fit the way I was hoping it would. My only regret is that it is so late in the season, I probably won't have a chance to wear this before next winter.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sweater is beautiful!

Being from Pennsylvania, I have to giggle just a little about the palms in the background and winter sweater in the foreground.

Renee said...

It's lovely and fits you beautifully!
All my favourite things in a sweater: turtleneck, tweed, cables and green. :)

marit said...

You obviously have to move. Being a woolknitter in sunny, warm California just doesn't go! I suggest Norway as the perfect place for you to live;-). You would b able to show off your sweaters on a daily, all-year-round basis here! This one too is just too pretty to be put away for more than half the year!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the FO! It's beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Truly beautiful. I love the way the cables grow out of the bottom ribbing.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The sweater is beautiful! If you lived up here you could wear that sweater all year long! It would be summer wear! It is absolutely gorgeous!!

Deborah-- said...

That sweater is absolutely beautiful on you! I always look forward to seeing what comes off your needles next.

sophanne said...

It looks solo much better on you than on your body double!

crochetgurl said...

It's so gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you! I always look forward to your FO posts. Can't wait for the next one in the parade. How do you design your own sweater? I want to learn! :-)

Anonymous said...

Once again you've made magic with sticks and string. How do you do it? *sighs wistfully* Wonderful sweater.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Fantastic. Perfect fit, color, and design. Beautiful knit all around!

Karen said...

This is very pretty Suzanne! The cable down the center was a perfect addition to i.

Kim said...

Holy crap!!! I seriously love that sweater! It's amazingly beautiful! Words fail me.

Khalila said...

I think you'll get to wear it a little before summer sets in. That color is great on you!

Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous sweater! I'm green with envy. I haven't done a top-down sweater and really need to learn because I have the oddest shape - a REAL pear. You look great in it.