Saturday, May 3, 2008

Crack-Me-Up-Saturday: Funniest Quotes Edition

This one is courtesy of Older Son.

I'm not the most easy-going person in the world. I am a little...grouchy. And impatient. I have even been told that I can be intimidating. But for some reason, my husband is unperturbed by my occasional (stop that laughing!) moodiness and bad temper. He finds them inexplicably charming. And he has an unusual talent for defusing my bad moods by making me laugh.

The other day, we were driving home after a very full day of activities, most of which did not go as planned, and I was a bit grumpy. My darling husband--who is the only one who could ever manage this without losing a hand--patted my leg affectionately, grinned, and said, "You're just so cute when you're mad!"

To which Older Son grumbled loudly from the back seat: "Huh! Not in MY world!"

11 comments:

Lydee said...

LOL! That's a good one!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That sounds very familiar--my husband thinks it's funny when i scream and always manages to take the stuffing out of me!!

sheep#100 said...

Mouths of babes and all of that.

Tammy said...

Grouchy? Impatient? I just can't relate. ;)

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

That's funny! My son once said if I was an animal, I'd be a tiger because I'm ferocious. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

You are cute when you get mad. I don't know how you do it. If I am grumpy with my husband he pouts and "disappears".

Olga said...

I use to be very easy going and mellow..then I had kids, and got old.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your hubby handles you about the same way mine handles me. I can't stay mad at the man to save my life, which is probably what has saved his all these years. And my kids very diplomatically tell me that I am "only a little grumpy....moms have to be sometimes!"

Jen said...

The honesty of children... lol

sophanne said...

That must be why I don't have children!

punkin said...

That cracked me up.