Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My New Friend

I brought a new friend home from Lake Tahoe. Oddly enough, there are several "Alpaca" shops in South Lake Tahoe. Unfortunately, they don't sell yarn or fiber (which I considered extreme false advertising, but decided not to point it out to the manager, who looked a little frightened when I burst through the doors, credit card in hand, and maybe a little wild-eyed, hot on the trail of my favorite knitting material). They did have really cute stuffed animals with alpaca fiber fur. My older son chose a dog, my younger son chose a teddy bear, and I...well, was there really any doubt what I would pick?

14 comments:

Akicage said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

sophanne said...

The paths my mind took when trying to negotiate the perspective in that photo- yikes! At first I thought it was a bunny- Then I thought it was full size. Finally the lens' adjusted and it seems very pettable (and manageable.)

Patty said...

What a cutie! I thought it was full sized at first too and was trying to picture it in your warm garden.

Karen said...

I thought it was real at first :-)

Kristin said...

I thought it was real too. I was kinda confused.

Yarnhog said...

DON'T CLICK ON THE LINKS! That first comment is a trap and I can't delete it.

Senja said...

What a noble looking "pet". I too thought it was real at first.

Lydee said...

The spam comments seem to have hit full force.

I thought it was real too, and then I realized it wasn't. How sweet and cuddly it looks!

...Sarah said...

I totally thought it was real at first. Very cool.

Dani said...

I was sad too that there was no actual fiber at those shops too.

punkin said...

How is your floor coming?

kmkat said...

I thought it was real, and then I wondered how it snowed in San Diego. And then I got it together and read your post.

I love alpaca. They have the sweetest faces.

melissaknits said...

Can't delete? Evil thing.

I love your new pal. He's awesome!

Kim said...

For a split second, I thought your new friend was a live creature. Is it a freak-dog or miniature alpaca? I totally agree that it's false advertising for a shop to call itslef an Alpaca Shop without alpaca yarn!