Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Erica--An FO and Another Free Pattern!

[Amended on April 9, 2008: This pattern is no longer available here. I'm not being mean; the pattern will soon be available as a downloadable pdf through Little Knits for a small charge. All proceeds will go to Knitters Without Borders to benefit Doctors Without Borders, and Little Knits will make a matching donation for all sales! As soon as the pattern is up, I will link to it here.]

I knitted this little piece several months ago, intending to submit it to Knitty for the Spring issue. I had it done well in advance, but when it came time to take pictures, the weather failed to cooperate, and I could not get pictures done in time to make the deadline.

No problem, I thought, I'll just submit it for summer. It recently occurred to me that the deadline for the Summer issue is probably soon. So I checked. Nope--it is not soon; it has passed.
I am not really a patient person, so rather than wait another year to make this available (by which time I will probably have forgotten all about it), I figured I might as well blog about it here, and provide the pattern for you select few.

I don't know how to turn the Word file into a PDF (I suspect that would involve some software that I don't have). I'm sorry. If you want to make one of these you will probably have to cut and paste the pattern from this post into a Word document. Or you can email me, and I will send you the Word file.


29 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks nice but you look fantastic. Just like a model!!

Melissa Morgan-Oakes said...

I will totally trade butts with you, any time. Totally. You would love mine. Very...comfortable to sit on.

I love the shrug. Funny too I was just sitting here the other day thinking "Wow, if I want to get that pair of socks and that vest in to Knitty for summer I better hurry up..." or GIVE UP, it's faster!!

Andrea said...

Cute shrug!

If you google "create pdf" the first listing should be for a site through adobe. You have to sign up (free trial) than you upload a word file and it makes it into a PDF for you. You can't edit the pdf, so you'll need to do your layout in word.

marit said...

WOW! You look stunning!Love the shrug!

Amanda said...

Very pretty! Too bad about the missed deadline.

If you ever want to attempt a pdf, I've used both pdf995 and PrimoPdf, which are both freebies (you have to put up with some amount of ads). They act as a print driver, so to use either one, you would "print" your document as a pdf.

Bea said...

You look so awesome! I love the shrug, it's perfect for spring/summer!

Tammy said...

It's beautiful! And you do a fabulous job of modeling it.

Anonymous said...

Good work. I love the pictures, serenly strolling throught the garden with a relaxing glass of wine. Maybe I'll give it a try, course I'd have to wear my boots.

a friend to knit with said...

you are so adorable! and thank you so much for sharing this pattern with us!!
i really want to make it.
and i just turned to my husband and said......."do we have any wine?"

a friend to knit with said...

not any wine. any OPENED wine.
please open a bottle if we don't.

:)

Khalila said...

I love your shrug! It looks so elegant and perfect with a nice dress and would still look good with pants. Kudos to your photographer, the pictures are wonderful!

Khalila said...

Oh, also I wanted to tell you - there is a free pdf writer called Cute PDF and the website is www.cutepdf.com. I've used it for awhile and have been glad to have it.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

OK, you basically look 18 in that shrug, seriously! Love it...and if you have a Mac, then making a pdf is really easy, you just go to the print screen and then hit 'save as pdf'. But the are many free sites that will do it for you as well...

Sarah said...

Lovely shrug! Knitty missed out, but thanks for sharing it with us!

sophanne said...

That looks beautiful. Knitty did miss out.

5elementknitr said...

That is SO lovely! Must. Resist. Cast. On.

Damn! Already CO'd...

Rachel said...

That's a beautiful pattern! I've been looking through Ravelry at shrugs and just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I may have just found it. Thanks so much for the pattern!

Romi said...

Both the shrug and you are lovely!

Kim said...

Love it! Deadlines are elusive beasts. I'm going to cut & paste. That's one hot little shrug. Great job!

Patty said...

Wow, Suzanne! I love it! Knitty's loss...Thank you, thank you for sharing it with us!

Lydee said...

Lovely shrug! Knitty missed out!

Viktoria said...

It beautiful!

Rebecca Jo said...

Thanks so much for sharing this pattern - it is absoultely beautiful!

Karen said...

Oh, don't you look pretty! And your shrug pattern is awesome!

Olga said...

Forget Knitty! You start your own online thingy! then you can do the deadlines whenever you feel like it! Seriously nice shrug, wish I had a cute little body to wear it on....

Sharon said...

Beautiful, Suzanne! The shrug, the pictures, everything.

annmarie said...

knitty's loss, our gain. ;) you look lovely!

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

I love it! What talent! If one good thing can come out of breaking my ankle, it will be finally making it to your blog and finding it wonderful. Thanks!

BTW, what kind of law do you practice?

Dr. Steph said...

If you send me the file, I'll make a pdf for you. Or use cutewriter--it's as easy as printing.