I finished Prosperous last night. Here's a blocking shot.
Note to self: overhead kitchen lighting at night + digital camera = crappy photo.
I haven't had a chance to get one of it on. That may take a day or two. I'm not thrilled with the crocheted edging at the front of the neckline. It's not visible in this photo, but it seems to be pulling to one side a bit. I may pull it back and redo that part. The pattern calls for two rows of "crab stitch" around the edges. Since I don't know what that is, I did two rows of single crochet. I'm happy with it, except for that little uneven area.
And, since there is no way I could have slept without having a sweater on the needles, I cast on for Grecian Plaits:
If you look at the bottom edge, you will see that it uses a provisional cast on. This is one I've never seen before. The designer calls it an "invisible cast on." I don't know whether that is her name for it or a common name that I've just never heard. It is a bit fiddly--it took me about six tries to figure out how to do it--but I think it may be the easiest one yet, once you get the hang of it. I'll let you know when I try to pull out the waste yarn and pick up the stitches, in another 46 (!) inches.
I have now collected several different provisional cast ons, most with links showing how to do them. I will put them all together into one post, with a link to it in on my sidebar, so that anyone faced with the need for one can look up the options and pick the one that appeals the most. If that interests you, look for it in the next couple of days. Now I'm off to take the kids bike riding on Coronado Island.