I saw this meme at On The Needles, and it made me think, so I decided to participate (spurred on, I must admit, by some tough work days that haven't left much time or energy for knitting or blogging). The photo mosaic was my own addition.
The rules? List ten things you can't do without. Tag [pick a number] people and let them know they're tagged. That's it! Easy, huh?
Ten Things I Can't Do Without
Credits (from left to right, top to bottom): 1. My own, 2. My own, 3. The Color of Crema Coffee, 4. My own, 5. Entering Hyperspace, 6. llibreria - bookstore - Amsterdam - HDR, 7. Jaz, 8. Pequeños Placeres / Little Pleasures, 9. Sugar Lips, 10. blessing of nature
1. My family, of course. That's almost cheating, isn't it?
2. Yarn and needles. Yeah, yeah. Still cheating.
3. Coffee. Enough said.
4. Dogs. They are so much easier to relate to than humans. Why, yes, I am antisocial. How did you know?
5. Internet access. How could I ever survive without you all?
6. Books. Yes, I did notice this somehow came in below internet access. This is disturbing to me, particularly since I have a degree in literature, but still true.
7. My alarm clock. I'm not a morning person, but morning comes all the same.
8. Privacy. I am naturally introverted and need time alone every day to recharge.
9. Sugar. There is no chance at all that I will ever do a low-carb diet. Or, well, any diet, actually.
10. Plants. I love the way they look. I love the way they feel. I love their constant, silent, living presence. Emphasis on silent. I did mention my family, did I not? They are not silent. At all.
And despite the mental image I have now created of a fat, sluggish, caffeine- and sugar-addicted, antisocial, knitting bookworm digging in the dirt surrounded by dogs, I'm happy to share my list with you! I won't tag anyone, so no pressure, but I would love to read your lists, too (and see your pictures), so if you're inclined to play, please leave a message to let me know when you post, and I'll come visit.