Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Do Still Knit

Despite the lack of evidence here on the blog, I have been knitting.

This is the completed back of the Tweedy Aran Cardigan (Rav link). There are approximately 5000 ptbl's in this section. I used to hate ptbl, and was unable to execute one in under ten minutes. Now I just hate it.

I have to admit, though, all those twisted stitches make for a lovely textured fabric. I'm trying to get this one finished before the summer heat kicks in. I don't think I can handle a lap full of aran weight fuzzy wool in 90 degree temps.

And I've been gartering away on my Noro log cabin blanket, which continues to captivate me with its ever-changing colors.

This is perfect carry-along and/or tv and/or social knitting. I even worked on a square at the movie theater during Iron Man II (good thing I had something interesting to do).

I love this one from every angle.

Mmmm...can't get enough of that Noro!

Someone please remind me of that when I have to join all these things together.

12 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Wow, you knit today, too?!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Of course you're still knitting - what else would you pair with all those pretty skirts?

Love the log cabin blanket!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Love the Noro!!!!!!!

sophanne said...

ptbl-now I just hate it! HA! I'm doing some twisted stitching myself in the latest shawl-fortunately not on the purl side.

Oh how I'm going to lemming you on that Noro blankey some day!

weezalana said...

I'm going to see Iron Man 2 this weekend. Should I take this as a sign I should bring along some knitting?

caknitter said...

The blanket looks like it's going to be great!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I love your log cabin squares; they are so gorgeous!

aafke7 said...

What amazing things you do! Love your technical skills! And the crafty ones!
And that rooster-chick? Does she lay eggs? :)

Amy S. said...

Gorgeous Noro. I have to laugh at the Iron Man II comment. My boyfolk (9 and 11) also insisted on seeing that the moment it came out. Thank goodness, at the last minute I had something else to do, so their dad took them.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love the noro blanket! So beautiful. How many skeins do you think you are using?

Lol said...

I sat in Iron Man 2 just WISHING I had my knitting with me. Love the Noro blocks.

Haley said...

so nice of you to give me a little knitting fix. ahh... wip. so nice.