I've been working on cleaning up and restoring my old sewing machines to working order. I showed you the before pictures of Eliza (my "new" treadle):
Very pretty, but a little dull and worn.
And the top of the cabinet was splattered with paint and had water damage.
Here's the after:
All cleaned, oiled, and polished!
Look how pretty this scrollwork is.
And the hand wheel is shiny again. I also installed a new treadle belt and completely cleaned, greased, and adjusted the treadle mechanism.
I managed to get the paint splatters off and remove most of the water damage. There's still a dark splotch in the middle of the top where I'm guessing someone had a plant sitting.
She sure cleaned up nice. :)