Friday, May 18, 2007

Tagged!

[Note: Comments were inadvertently disabled on this post. They are enabled now. Thanks for the tip, Faith.]

Woo hoo! I've been tagged! I think I may be unreasonably excited about this, but then, I never was one of the cool kids. Faith! (of No More Sweaters!) tagged me for the "8 random facts" meme.


Rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their 8 random things and post the rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


8 (weird) things about me:

1. I went on my first date when I was 13. I only went because my best friend wanted to go out with a boy she liked, and he would only go if his best friend came along, and HE would only go if my friend found a date for him, too. That's how I ended up going on my first date with a boy who was known far and wide for once peeing while playing on the swings in elementary school. I didn't go on another date until I was 18.

2. Although my IQ places me well into Mensa territory, I have absolutely no sense of direction. I can get lost only blocks from my own house. I went to a job interview in downtown Philadelphia once, only a few miles from my apartment (in a straight line on the same street), and ended up in rural New Jersey. I also dropped a friend off at the train station and somehow found myself driving around underground, across the railroad tracks, in the pitch dark. Scared the living daylights out of me when a train came through.

3. I collect animals like some people collect snow globes or bobble head dolls. I pick them up while I'm out, or people give me their cast offs. I'm not even sure where some of them have come from. At the moment, I'm on a pet diet--we only have two dogs, a snake, a gecko, a tortoise, and some bugs.

4. I've had the same hairstyle since I was 16, not because I like it, but because I have no idea what else to do with it.

5. I turned down marriage proposals from three different men before I agreed to marry my husband. I was never all that excited about marriage, but oddly, I'm blissfully happy married to my husband.

6. My right butt cheek is significantly larger than my left (is that too much information?). This bothers me enough that I secretly fantasize about having liposuction to even them out, but not enough that I will ever really do it.

7. I have an excellent memory, and I recall in perfect detail every embarrassing thing I've ever done or said. These memories regularly pop up at inconvenient moments, causing me to blush profusely for reasons that are completely unknown to those around me.

8. I once pulled an all-nighter forging then-President Bill Clinton's signature on a bunch of formal cards to members of the Russian government. I was a junior diplomat assigned to deliver the official gifts from the President to the Russian government during a presidential visit to Moscow, but the gifts had been addressed by the White House using an old list of government officials. When I got the gifts, I discovered that most of the officials listed had since resigned, been kicked out, been arrested, or died. When I called my superior in a panic, I was ordered to rewrite the cards to the correct people and forge the President's signature. I spent the whole night hyperventilating, convinced that I was going to be found out and sent to wherever it is they send people who forge the President's signature. I only realized later that chances were, no one ever even looked at the gifts, much less the cards. But somewhere out there in some storage unit, there may be a bunch of forged cards on fake White House stationery.

Whew! If that doesn't satisfy your appetite for weird random facts about me, you can click on "100 Things About Me" in the sidebar.

I'm tagging:

Alaska Stick Girl
Quail Hill Knits
Cosmicpluto Knits!
A Few Things to Say
Knittin' Mom
Dogs Steal Yarn
Life's a Stitch
Anny Purls

I don't think any of you have been tagged yet, but if you have, or if you just don't want to play, you can disregard this.

1 comment:

Faith said...

I've got fairly uneven juggs, but I've never even considered that people could have uneven butt cheeks! I'm impressed with your poor sense of direction- it seems like it's taken you to interesting places.