Thursday, March 8, 2007

Is there anybody out there?

Well, don't I feel silly. Here I am, all dressed up and ready to join the you-tube generation with my very own, brand-spanking-new blog, and no one to read it. If a blog posts on the internet and no one reads it, does it make any sound?

However, I've always been a big fan of talking to myself (I'm guaranteed an interested, intelligent audience), and this isn't much different. On the assumption that someone out there might actually happen on this while looking for...oh, I don't know...some hog-fetishist site (there are some very odd special interests out there--trust me; we won't discuss how I know), let me just say up front that this is a knitting blog. If you're looking for hogs, they're not here. And yes, there really are people--lots and lots of people--who like to read blogs about knitting. I'm one of them. I read them every day. I knit every day. And I finally decided to combine two of my great loves and write my very own blog all about knitting.

Now, let me be up-front about something else: I am technology-challenged. If it's got buttons, there are going to be problems. So this is a sort of experiment for me. Kind of a "who's-gonna-crack-first-the-computer-or-the-human" sort of thing. So far, my money's on the human crashing and burning. I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to put pictures on this thing and...well, as you can see, there are no pictures.

But I am persistent. I am strong. I will prevail. Just as soon as I get out of this fetal position.

No comments: